[WriteLog] Do you have an ICOM rig and want PTT support over the PC cont

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Do you have an ICOM rig and want PTT support over the PC control port?
From: w5xd@alum.mit.edu (W. Wright, W5XD)
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 01:38:02 -0000
Thanks to RV3APM I have learned that at least one Icom rig, the IC-746, is
capable of having its PTT commanded over its PC control port along with
exchanging frequency and mode information. If you have an Icom rig, and if
you want WL to use this feature, I am willing to put it in. However, I will
not do so blindly. That is, I will not put the command into WL's rig driver
unless: (1) you provide me with the documentation (and your rig's model
number!) on the command that controls PTT and (2) you agree to test a WL rig
driver on your rig and demonstrate to me that it works.

If we get past (1) and (2), then I will put the command into the "production
release" of WL's driver for your rig (and ONLY your rig model) so everyone
with a similar rig will benefit.

Reply to me direct with:
(1) your rig model
(2) the documentation on the command that control your rig's PTT
Thanks
Wayne, W5XD