[WriteLog] RE: Fix For Packet Problem before ARRL DX PHONE Contest???

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] RE: Fix For Packet Problem before ARRL DX PHONE Contest???
From: n1eu@yahoo.com (N1EU)
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 19:49:27 -0800 (PST)
Unfortunately, I think the sh/d/100 is the tip of the
iceberg.  Yes, as Marty describes it should easily
demonstrate with 10.14E that there is a problem.

However, after regressing to 10.11D (also scrubbed the
registry) before ARRL CW because of this apparent bug
in 10.14E, I experienced a WriteLog meltdown during a
one hour period that I described in a previous post
right after the contest.  My strong gut feeling is
that the bug is the same in both cases, and probably
can't be easily characterized.  Telnet packet, mouse
and keyboard all were grossly affected in the failure
mode.  It is somewhat unsettling to me that for 36
hours there was flawless operation, but for a one hour
period in the middle, there were repeated failures to
operate properly with Telnet packet.  And I can't say
why proper operation resumed after that hour.  Several
reboots were performed during that hour but didn't
help.

73,
Barry  N1EU