[WriteLog] Recording to CD drives

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Recording to CD drives
From: ldh3@cornell.edu (Laurence 'Mike' Hammer)
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 09:44:14 -0500

Has anyone tried recording a contest to a CD re-writable drive?  We have a
computer at W6XR that we've tried it on, without good results.  It does not
seem to open the recording file on the disk, though it does appear to
create the filename in the disk directory.  The drive does appear to Win95
as a lettered drive, i.e. it is drive E: in Windows Explorer.

We have had problems in every contest with WriteLog locking up on one or
both of the two networked logging computers, so I am also concerned with
what happens to the recording file when this happens (whether on hd or
RW-CD).  Any experiences out there?

My gut-level thought is to record the contest on a hard drive and copy the
file to the CD at the end.  But that seems like giving in...  ;)

TIA for any help!

73 de Mike N2VR