[WriteLog] Lessons learned...

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Lessons learned...
From: sherrick@ameritech.net (Scot Herrick)
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 01:19:37 -0000
Hi Bruce, da list,

What you described is exactly what we should have up on the reflector. It's
these Windows types of interactions that I suspect cause most of the
"WriteLog" problems (unless it relates to the score, of course!).

Not to pick on Norton's utilities, but whenever I have 'slow' cw on the
system and then turn off Norton's stuff, I never have the problem. This last
weekend I started the PC as normal, and then closed all those start up
programs I could off the task bar. WriteLog performed flawlessly, and
quickly, the entire weekend (with my world record shattering score of about
500K).

Most users, if they are encountering weird problems with WriteLog, could do
well to restart the computer, close everything they can off the task bar,
then start WriteLog up. And then see if there are still problems. Methinks
not...

Hope you had fun in the contest.

CU...Scot, K9JY

scot@k9jy.com