[WriteLog] DX4WIN and Quicken 2000 - please

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] DX4WIN and Quicken 2000 - please
From: jfleming@shelbynet.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 22:20:06 -0500
SRI Writelog bandwidth, but the differences between how Writelog and
DX4WIN behave might tip someone off as to how to remedy my DX4WIN's
behavior!

I don't care about running Quicken 2000 and DX4WIN at the same time.
However, I've got my DX4WIN dysfunctional somehow, and would really
appreciate help getting it back.

Based on (another) John's post earlier today in which he had some
problems using Quicken 2000 and DX4WIN at the same time, I started both
of mine up to see how mine behaved.  (I've never previously tried to use
them both at the same time, but this isn't such a bad idea - You might
be using DX4WIN to monitor and voice announce spots while you pay your
bills!)  All I noticed with both of them up was that DX4WIN wasn't
polling my rig.

In contrast, Writelog still polls the rig and things work as usual with
Writelog.

Running Quicken 2000 Deluxe today and DX4WIN at the same time has
disabled rig polling/control in DX4WIN, but not Writelog.  I don't even
know where to start with this other than maybe reinstalling DX4WIN.  Any
Windows gurus know what might have happened?  Rebooting the computer
didn't fix it.

**** Even after rebooting and running ONLY DX4WIN, rig polling doesn't
work anymore.  However, Writelog polls the rig as usual.  DX4WIN v4.07
WIN 98

Many thanks!

WA9ALS - John  jfleming@shelbynet.net
http://www.qsl.net/wa9als (now with Shack Cam!)