[WriteLog] Wish List - Search & Pounce Mode/Memories

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Wish List - Search & Pounce Mode/Memories
From: n5na@telepath.com (A. Sewell)
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 04:36:21 -0500
The one thing I would most like to see added to Writelog is a S&P mode with
separate S&P memories.

Depending on the contest I tend to do quite a bit of S&Ping.  In my DOS
program I have become spoiled being able to just type ENTER over and over
regardless if I am CQing or S&Ping and not having to worry with pressing the
right F key.  Writelog is half way there with the "Enter sends exch/QRZ".

This weekend for the WPX I set up the memories so while S&Ping it would send
my call if I pressed enter with a call and the cursor in the call field and
it would send the exchange with the cursor in the exchange field.  This
worked great for S&P but if I wanted to CQ I had to re-enter the memories.

I worked around this by creating two dummy WL contest files.  One had the CQ
memories I wanted and the other had the S&P memories I wanted.  I could then
load those memories from those files when I switched between CQ & S&P.

Ideally there would be a set of memories for CQ and a set for S&P with a
button to press to switch between the two, perhaps located in the data entry
box.

Does this sound useful to anyone but myself?

73,

Alan  N5NA
n5na@arrl.net