[WriteLog] reinventing the wheel

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] reinventing the wheel
From: hmauro@pacbell.net (Henry Mauro)
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2000 12:08:56 -0700
I'm relatively new to contesting and WriteLog and brand new to this
reflector. Although there is A LOT that I like about this program I
am a bit frustrated on one point.

Although the programming of the message memories seems powerful and
simple enough, as someone without much experience with other software,
I don't know what to programing into these memories.  Version 10 added
some minimal help, but it seems that messages are the same for all the
contests.  From a look at some of the DOS software available it looks
like the integration of these buffers and the accelerator keys can
make all the difference in flow of the contest exhanges, the fun you
have and your score.

My first couple of contests found me working on the message buffers
quite a bit during the contest (not a good time to for this). I feel
like I am reinventing the wheel.

Are there any pre-canned message memories available for beginners?
Am I missing something?

73,  Henry W6GZ