[WriteLog] ptt problems

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] ptt problems
From: jpixton@shentel.net (Jerry Pixton)
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2000 20:47:36 +0000
Hi, all

I got RTTY to work yesterday. But -

My further tests of voice keying today show the following:

1. When USB has been commanded via rig control (Com1),
- no function key will key the transmitter - I have msg2.wav, msg3.wav etc
files in c:\ham\wavefiles
- BUT when I go to record a new wave file using Shift+SomeFunctionKey, the
transmitter KEYS and the sound file is saved by ESC key ok

The PTT logic seems reversed for SSB, DOES NOT key when playing a wave file
and DOES key when only recording a new file. However, even if I use MOX,
there is no sound going to transmitter.

2. WriteLog is not setting the LineIn Volume control for recording when the
mode is FSK and RTTYrite window is open, even thou there is a
LineInIndexOverride=2 in WriteLog.ini [WlSound]. When I manually select
Line In for recording then RTTY works for decode and afsk wave files send
function key messages. PTT works fine on rig control for rtty.

3. The information on the WriteLog Sound Mixer Level Control looks ok

The rig is FT1000mp and the new computer has Turtle Beach Montego II sound
board. The mic signal (at mic input of sound board) does get to transmitter
when I manually select the Microphone Input on Volume Control panel. Sound
files do get to transmitter when Wave Out is selected and the file is
played using the Media Player.

Any suggestions on further testing I can run????

Jerry, W6IHG