[WriteLog] Slow Aurtomatic Save

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Slow Aurtomatic Save
From: dick.green@valley.net (Dick Green)
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2000 17:01:01 -0400
Arto,

I did not have gaps between parts of the message. The delay came after the
entire "TU WC1M" message was sent, and the length of the delay was strictly
related to the size of the log. Your problem sounds more like an
interruption in PC-generated CW caused by Windows multitasking switching
from WL to some other activity. I don't have that problem because I use the
W5XD+ outboard keyer. The multitasking problem usually manifests itself as
abnormally long dots or dashes. It's normally caused by backround tasks,
such as printer drivers, stealing cycles. You might be able to solve this
problem by killing non-essential background tasks. But the fact that your
delay occured in the exact same place and was between two words leads me to
believe that there's something else going on. Were you sending the message
with the Insert key, the "exchange" key or did you have the Enter key option
enabled?

73, Dick WC1M