[WriteLog] Re: Rig Blaster and the MP

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Re: Rig Blaster and the MP
From: k1jn@99main.com (Joe & Sue Natale)
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 09:39:04 -0400
Hi Ron,

It's not so simple, so I'll go over the settings here mode by mode using
Writelog, a 1000MP and Rigblaster:

RTTY
In the RTTY window menu, go to TU type, select either sound board AFSK or
sound board FSK. Then in the RTTY window menu go to Port and select the port
that Rigblaster uses, in my case it's com 4. That should do it.

CW
Main windows menu, setup, ports, I have CW set to LPT 2 , CW keyer type set
to PC generates, and CW PTT set to control LPT pin 16. Writelog controls the
MP directly and the Rigblaster is not used.

SSB
Writelog does not support keying the rig in SSB by comm port and Rigblaster
does not support keying by LPT port, so I use Voice Key Express. It's a
$10.00 shareware program that is included on the CD-ROM that comes with
Rigblaster. The only drawback is that VKE has to be the active window in
order to use it, so you have to switch back and forth between it and
Writelog.

Life would be a lot simpler if Rigblaster supported keying via LPT or
Writelog would key voice messages via com port. I sent email to the maker of
the Rigblaster and he suggested it would be easier to change the software.
I'm sure the Writelog programmers feel the opposite!

Hope this helps.

73,
Joe K1JN