[WriteLog] Strange pauses at CW

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Strange pauses at CW
From: dick.green@valley.net (Dick Green.)
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 01:34:10 -0400
> One of my CW memories was a simple "%C?", just to ask a station to refill
> his callsign. Well, I saw that, if you only got two letters (let's suppose
> IP), when activating the memory message, WL was sending the IP letters,
> but let a loooong silence delay before the question mark.

I noticed something similar: I had "%C" programmed into F5 (traditionally,
"his call") and "?" programmed into F6. If I hit F5 and immediately hit F6
(to send <call>?), there was always a fairly long delay between the callsign
and the ?. There must be some sort of delay happening when the %C macro
returns.

73, Dick WC1M