[WriteLog] PK232MBX/TS940SAT FSK operation??

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] PK232MBX/TS940SAT FSK operation??
From: mark.cherry@quickstart.com (Cherry, Mark)
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 09:43:45 -0700
Hello all Writelog folks,

I am interested in interfacing my pk232mbx/dsp tnc to my TS940sat for FSK
use.  The 232 is the upgraded dsp version and would also like to take
advantage of the filters of the 940 in FSK mode.

So far the connections from the rig to the tnc seem complete.

If I configure WriteLog for the pk232 tnc and set the com port, WriteLog
will talk to the tnc.  If I attempt to transmit from WriteLog, it will not
key the rig.  The keyboard entry window will accept input, but no rf.  If I
hit the SEND switch on the 940, or use my footswitch, it will transmitt.  So
for the most part, the interfacing is working.  The problem is keying the
rig automatically.

I currently have CW and PTT keying functioning, but will not key in the FSK
mode.

Any thought would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Mark Cherry, WT6P
Sacramento, CA