[WriteLog] PK232MBX/TS940SAT FSK operation??

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] PK232MBX/TS940SAT FSK operation??
From: k0bx@qsl.net (k0bx@qsl.net)
Date: 22 Aug 2000 11:13:53 -0700
Hi Mark, I am not sure of the hookup on the PK-232DSP but on the older PK-232
there is a flat connector for audio and PTT.  There is another connector, a
round one that has the FSK output on it.  So make sure that you are using it
and not the AFSK that is on the flat connector.

I have a article on the PK-232 on my webpage, http://www.qsl.net/k0bx   that
shows the hook up for the PK-232 to TS-850S.  So be very similar to your TS-940.

Joe K0BX

On Tue, 22 August 2000, "Cherry, Mark" wrote:

> Hello all Writelog folks,
>
> I am interested in interfacing my pk232mbx/dsp tnc to my TS940sat for FSK
> use.  The 232 is the upgraded dsp version and would also like to take
> advantage of the filters of the 940 in FSK mode.
>
> So far the connections from the rig to the tnc seem complete.
>
> If I configure WriteLog for the pk232 tnc and set the com port, WriteLog
> will talk to the tnc.  If I attempt to transmit from WriteLog, it will not
> key the rig.  The keyboard entry window will accept input, but no rf.  If I
> hit the SEND switch on the 940, or use my footswitch, it will transmitt.  So
> for the most part, the interfacing is working.  The problem is keying the
> rig automatically.
>
> I currently have CW and PTT keying functioning, but will not key in the FSK
> mode.
>
> Any thought would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance for your assistance.
>
> Mark Cherry, WT6P
> Sacramento, CA
>

> --

k0bx@qsl.net
http://www.qsl.net/k0bx

Free Unlimited Internet Access! Try it now!
http://www.zdnet.com/downloads/altavista/index.html