[WriteLog] "DumbTerminal II" questions

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] "DumbTerminal II" questions
From: no2tj@CYBERNEX.NET (Jerry Jankowitz)
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 23:24:11 -0400
        Yesterday I requested help in getting the "Dumb Terminal" portion of
Rttyrite working. Still not successful. However to add to the confusion is
the fact that if I bring up the Packet terminal and select com4 it works.
By working I mean I can send and receive messages. This would indicate that
the port and the cabling is AOK. Closing down the Packet terminal and
trying to get the Dumb terminal portion of the program working does not work.
        My message of yesterday showed what the ini file looked like. This is
reprinted below.
My question is what is different between the packet window and the terminal
one. I would like to be able to send my canned messages to the dumb
terminal to the other computer. This is not possible using the packet window
                still confused 73 Jerry

COM1:=9600,n,8,1,x
COM2:=1200,n,8,1,
COM3:=9600,n,8,1,x
COM4:=9600,n,8,1,
Comm4offset=0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
 By the way what does the comm4offset mean?

In addition  the setup for the terminal screen is:
[Rttyrite2]
FontHeight=15
Port=4
Speed=0