[WriteLog] "DumbTerminal II" questions

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] "DumbTerminal II" questions
From: k0bx@qsl.net (k0bx@qsl.net)
Date: 4 Oct 2000 05:55:40 -0700
Reading you query, I get the sense that you think that the "Dumb Terminal" mode
is for a Dumb Terminal.

Dumb Terminal mode is for those that are using a older style terminal unit like
the Hal ST-6, Dovetron MPC-1000, or any of the terminal that used to be hooked
up to a teletype machine.  These units did not do a baudot to ascii convertion.
 So instead of having a teletype machine you are now using a computer and
Writelog has to convert the baudot to ascii for rtty.  This is different than
the packet terninal screen  requires you to have a tnc attached.

I don't know Jerry, am I reading your query correct?  Are you trying to hookup
a "dumb terminal" to rttyright without an external terminal?

Joe K0BX

On Tue, 03 October 2000, Jerry Jankowitz wrote:

>     Yesterday I requested help in getting the "Dumb Terminal" portion of
> Rttyrite working. Still not successful. However to add to the confusion is
> the fact that if I bring up the Packet terminal and select com4 it works.
> By working I mean I can send and receive messages. This would indicate that
> the port and the cabling is AOK. Closing down the Packet terminal and
> trying to get the Dumb terminal portion of the program working does not work.
>     My message of yesterday showed what the ini file looked like. This is
> reprinted below.
> My question is what is different between the packet window and the terminal
> one. I would like to be able to send my canned messages to the dumb
> terminal to the other computer. This is not possible using the packet window
>         still confused 73 Jerry
>
> COM1:=9600,n,8,1,x
> COM2:=1200,n,8,1,
> COM3:=9600,n,8,1,x
> COM4:=9600,n,8,1,
> Comm4offset=0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
>  By the way what does the comm4offset mean?
>
> In addition  the setup for the terminal screen is:
> [Rttyrite2]
> FontHeight=15
> Port=4
> Speed=0
> Type=1
> FSK_POLARITY=0
> HIGH_TONES=1
> X=382
> Y=-2
> W=432
> H=380
> PTT_END_HOLD=25
> PTT_BEGIN_HOLD=5
> ;tncinit1=RTTY
>

> --

k0bx@qsl.net
http://www.qsl.net/k0bx

Free Unlimited Internet Access! Try it now!
http://www.zdnet.com/downloads/altavista/index.html