[WriteLog] Downloaded Writelog and tested Laptop Soundboard

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Downloaded Writelog and tested Laptop Soundboard
From: W0AH@aol.com (W0AH@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 13:19:27 EDT
Had a good conversation with Ron, K5DJ, yesterday.  Thanks!
Downloaded Writelog yesterday and read most of the Writelog Help.
Performed Soundboard check this morning using sbrdchk.zip download.
My 1998 Fujitsu Lifebook 270Dx has a Soundblaster-compatible 16-bit stereo
PCM/FM sound chip.  The soundboard check gave it a score of 7f with support
of all Writelog functions.
I also have a 1988 Fujitsu Lifebook 280Dx which I recently bought on EBAY. It
is a slightly upgraded version of the 270Dx with a 233 Mhz processor and 3 GB
HD vs. 200 Mhz and 2 GB HD for the 270Dx.  I plan to use Writelog mainly with
the 280Dx.
Although most of the replies to my "Newbie Desiring Information on Writelog"
post suggested that one week was probably too short a time to get everything
ready for my XE3 DXpedition, proficiency with Writelog and proper computer-
laptop interfacing for soundblaster SSB, I'll be attempting to do just that
this week!
 My neighbor N0HCH, a long time user of Writelog, and I will be jointly (not
a reference to smoking any thing  ;-) trying to interface our laptops and
transceivers in order to use most of the Writelog soundboard capabilities.
No doubt, we'll be back here with questions.  Right now, my head is spinning
with all the information and terminology I barely understand!
 Thanks ahead of time for your assistance.
Doug  W0AH  Woodland Park CO