[WriteLog] CW

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CW
From: k5iid@hiperline.net (Tom Horton)
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 23:50:43 -0400
For those of you that asked for me topost the answer to the
question below...
  Here is the answer taht I received from Randy, K5ZD....

Hi Tom,
You can do radio control and CW through the same com port. But you can't
send CW through the serial link to the radio! You need a transistor circuit
off of one of the pins to do the CW keying.
Randy, K5ZD

There ya go...73, Tom K5IID

Wow! Guys this is embarrassing!!!!!!!
I am having trouble figuring out how to send CW with
Writelog via the com port.
If I use a com port for rig control, do I have to use another com port for
CW sending?
Everything works fine if I send through the LPT  port
I thought that I read some where if you had an FT-1000MP,
it would automatically key through the com port...
I'm lost.....any help out there?
Thanks, Tom K5IID