[WriteLog] Need HELP wih W5XD keyer

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Need HELP wih W5XD keyer
From: jfleming@shelbynet.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 11:19:33 -0500
I've tried 4N25 (single transistor), 4N29 (Darlington), and 4N33
(Darlington) optos, and could never get any to key the MP using the
"usual" simple circuits.  I have yet to see a single post in which
anyone is keying an MP with an opto.  Something in me says there might
be someone out there, but I haven't see a direct post about it yet.  I
finally gave up in the interest of other priorities and went back to the
trusty 2N2222 or 3904.