[WriteLog] PSK and Writelog

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] PSK and Writelog
From: jfleming@shelbynet.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 11:33:07 -0500
I see a couple of possibilities:

1.  Go to Setup|Exchange Parameters and add a "MODE" field.  Then you
can enter it for each QSO - You can probably also set it up so that this
field gets "skipped" as you're logging so that you don't actually have
to enter it each time.  I just tested it, and the new MODE filed I made
got exported like this in the ADIF file:

<QSO_DATE:8>20001022 <TIME_ON:6>162403 <FREQ:5>0.000 <STX:1>7
<MODE:3>SSB
    <CALL:6>WA9ALS
    <COUNTRY:13>United States
    <PREF:1>K
    <RST_SENT:2>59
    <RST_RCVD:2>59
    <MODE:4>RTTY
<EOR>

Then if necessary you could make a custom IMPORT filter, depending on
what logging program you use (DX4WIN would do this).  You could also
modify the ADIF file with a "search and replce" feature of a word
processor if needed.

2.  Seems easier maybe to just make different WL "contests" for each
mode you plan to use.  Then either open the RTTY file or the PSK31 file
etc as indicated, then you could fix up your logging import later as
needed.

GL - 73

WA9ALS - John
   email:  jfleming@shelbynet.net