[WriteLog] logging the difference between various digital mode QSOs

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] logging the difference between various digital mode QSOs
From: w5xd@writelog.com (W. Wright, W5XD)
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 22:31:46 -0000
After reading the reflector traffic on this and looking back through the
documentation, I see WL has an "undocumented feature" that might be of
interest here. If your log has a column titled "DGTL", then WL will fill it
in with the digital mode in use at the time (Baudot speed, or PSK mode).
This is in addition to the always-there "MOD" column which will say "FSK".
If you select the ARRL RTTY Round Up contest, WL will create such a column
automatically, but if you can create the column yourself manually using
"Contest...Exchange Format Setup", click "New", type in "DGTL", and click
Save. This feature has been in WL since 10.13. Please don't bother to
lecture me about how FSK is not an appropriate designator for PSK mode
transmissions.

Wayne, W5XD