[WriteLog] Announcing Cabrillo Tools by WT4I

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Announcing Cabrillo Tools by WT4I
From: wt4i@brevard.net (Bruce Lifter)
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 00:02:03 -0400
Announcing Cabrillo Tools by WT4I    -    http://www.CabrilloTools.com

Cabrillo Tools is a suite of programs designed to take advantage of the
Cabrillo log format. WT4I Log Checker, Cabrillo Converter, and Master Call
Maintenance were written primarily for contest managers and log checkers
to help them expedite checking logs and to produce contest results is a
timely manner. However, all three utilities will be of great use to any
contester and should be considered as part of their contest log arsenal
along with their favorite logging software.

WT4I Log Checker
----------------
WT4I Log Checker allows one to get a look at the log in a different
view than what is provided by most contest logging programs. The user can
easily spot bad or busted calls and missed or bad exchanges. The individual
user is given the opportunity to look at the log in much the same way as
an official log checker. Obvious data entry errors can be easily be fixed
prior to submitting the final log.

Cabrillo Converter
------------------
Cabrillo converter allows one to convert just about any column based ASCII
log into the Cabrillo format. The user simply identifies each of the columns
through simple clicks of the mouse, enters in the required header
information, and saves the log in the Cabrillo format. The resultant log is
ready for log checking with the WT4I Log Checker or for electronic
submission.

Master Call Maintenance
-----------------------
Master Call Maintenance allows one to create and maintain their own master
call sign database for use with the WT4I Log Checker utility. The user
can build a master call sign database from existing super check partial
files, or semi-automatically build one from the call signs found in Cabrillo
format logs.

Features and Potential Benefits of Cabrillo Tools
- Check last year's log to identify common mistakes made in the past.
- Check this year's log to fix obvious errors before submission.
- Use a super check partial database to quickly identify busted calls.
- Multi-Single ops can check for 10 minute rule violations (including CQWW).
- For ARRL contests, check for violation of the 6 band change rule.
- Validate zones using country file and zone overrides.
- Get a view of your log as an official log checker would see it.
- Convert just about any column based ASCII log to the Cabrillo format.
- Build your own master call sign database from previous logs.

Cabrillo Tools are currently in us by multiple contest committees. As an
individual contester, you now can use the same tools as used by official
contest log checkers!

73, Bruce WT4I

wt4i@CabrilloTools.com
http:www.CabrilloTools.com