[WriteLog] GMT & Your log

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] GMT & Your log
From: sherrick@ameritech.net (Scot Herrick)
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 13:49:40 -0000
All,

Well, much better to have the time discussion BEFORE the change rather than
trying to fix it after..

First, Dean offers correct information about the 24 hour clock available in
Windows. I did not see it in the Time program, but Dean notes how to get to
that through the Regional settings. I'll update the site.

Second, I don't know how WriteLog offsets the time from GMT if you have your
PC set to local time. If someone knows that one, please pass it on and I'll
update the site. If you can do this and you are one of many who do change
this weekend, be very careful of the check mark where Windows can
automatically change your Windows time at the change - because your offset
from GMT will now be wrong.

Third, yes, my PC is in GMT (Monrovia) which does not change over the
weekend. That way I just don't have to deal with it...!

Thanks for the notes.

CU...Scot, K9JY

mailto:scot@k9jy.com
www.k9jy.com