[WriteLog] Cabrillo, 2 more cents

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Cabrillo, 2 more cents
From: k1sop@arrl.net (Ned Swartz, K1GU)
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 20:15:47 -0500
I know the answer to this from a previous thread, I just don't think it
is fair to the DX.

I'm pointing and shooting spots in the SSB contest and I work
XX2XX.  A couple of QSOs later I notice that XX2XX is in the log on
14.147.  Close, but clearly out of the US subband.  (Hey, it
happens.)  So I mark the QSO with an X.

When I create the Cabrillo file to send my log in, I see that the
XX2XX QSO which I X'd is not included at all.  Maybe XX2XX will
realize that I was out of my band and will delete me from his log
(unlikely).  More likely, he will get hit with a penalty for NIL.  T'aint
fair!

Now please, don't anyone tell me that the log checkers do not look at
frequency.  If you realize a mistake, the only correct thing to do is
to not claim credit.

Ned, K1GU