[WriteLog] DVK white noise

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] DVK white noise
From: mjohnson@mis.net (Michael L. Johnson)
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 12:18:26 -0500
I'm new to WriteLog and trying to get it working for the Nov. SS phone
contest. I'm using the sound card for my DVK seems to be working
except I have a lot of white noise sounds like a fan running with an
occasional beep. I just unplugged the Heil mic. connector from the
Kenwood adaptor cord and ran it to the sound card input, then ran the
sound card output back up to the adaptor cord and into the TS-870. This
worked out great and real easy except for all the white noise I hear with
the monitor function on the 870. I get the noise either with the mic audio
or a wav file. I think the noise is RF from the computer getting in to the
audio lines to and from the sound card. Have any of you had this problem
if so how did you fix it? I'm thinking of trying some ferrite coils or beads
on
the extension cables I made to run to and from the sound card, but was
hoping some one here has already cured this problem and could point me
in the right direction.

73 KD4SN