[WriteLog] report field compatibility problem during SS

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] report field compatibility problem during SS
From: ldh3@cornell.edu (Laurence 'Mike' Hammer)
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 14:37:45 -0500

I reported this problem from the CQ WW SSB, no official response yet.

I believe the workaround is to save a copy of the blank log, with operators
already entered, on each machine under a separate name before the contest
starts.  So if you had a log named "CQ WW SSB 2000" you would make a copy
named "CQ WW SSB 2000 BLANK".  Then if you have a crash during the contest
(which we have every time except once!) and can't recover the real log
file, you just copy the blank log back on top, restart WriteLog and remake
the network connections.  WriteLog resyncs the logs automatically and away
you go.

I keep an eye out to make sure the last few entries from the crashed
computer are in the resynced log.

Mike N2VR