[WriteLog] report field compatibility problem during SS

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] report field compatibility problem during SS
From: ve9wh@nbnet.nb.ca (The Irvine's)
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 21:08:31 -0400
Hi Steve

The key to networking is as it states in the help files.. Start the log on
one pc and set it up they way you want it before the test and every other pc
on the network takes a copy of that file. After each pc has a copy DO NOT
CHANGE THE FORMAT  on any of the networked pc's. If you do Writelog won't
recognize the changed file when it tries to re-sync after a network crash.

We have had 7 pc's running at VY2SS with no serious problems at all
1 for each band and 1 as an internet connection for telnet to clusters. If
one of the pc's lost the network we would just re-connect and you can watch
the logs re-sync.

Hope this helps

Jim VE9WH / VE9TTY
http://ve9wh.weblink.nbtel.net/dxclusters.html