[WriteLog] Sweepstakes Field Moves

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Sweepstakes Field Moves
From: PTSMANTUA@aol.com (PTSMANTUA@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 21:22:15 EST
Field Moves and Space no Space.

I noticed the same issue.

Also, when I worked dialing up the band style, the sequence of fields is in
the wrong order vs, if I was initiating the cq.

When dialing up the band, It would be better to get the call field first, so
your automated reply sends it back OK, and then the stations sequence, power,
check and sect.

A simple check box for dial the band vs. I am the king of this frequency
arrangement of fields would be a great enhancement. Perhaps a selectable
setting of field sequence would be even better.

As it was, when I was CQ'ing, the field order was great. But when dialing up
the band, I rotated through the fields twice before entering all data, so the
automated send using F2 would send the full sequence, while I typed. This was
a real chineese fire drill with a couple of the weak 30+ WPM folks.

BTW, I had a blast, and worked only 40 M using 2Watts running Solar Battery
Power. When ya got 2 Watts, it is tough to hold a frequency. So the mod,
looking from this angle I think merits consideration.

73's

Phil
KF8JW
104 contacts-8320 score running 2W, and about 7 hours as time permitted.