[WriteLog] Split does not appear to work on 775dsp usingwritelog?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Split does not appear to work on 775dsp usingwritelog?
From: jjreisert@alum.mit.edu (Jim Reisert AD1C)
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 23:17:40 -0500
At 02:08 AM 11/10/2000 +0000, Larry Lindblom wrote:

>I've never used either of those two products so I wouldn't know.  After
>re-reading your original post maybe we are talking about different things.
>Software can control the Icom split and read it but reading it when you touch
>the radio and manually change the split is a different ball game due to
>the Icom
>interface.

The problem with the ICOM protocol is that you can SET the radio into split
mode, but you can NOT read that status from the radio.  It is up to the
logging software to keep track of it, if it can.  If you push the split
button on the radio, then the radio and the software get out of sync.

- Jim

--
Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
http://www.ad1c.com