[WriteLog] All mode PTT on CW port RTS

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] All mode PTT on CW port RTS
From: kg0us@swbell.net (kg0us@swbell.net)
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 23:30:55 -0600
The new feature described below works very well if one uses the RTS line of
a given COM port.  I built my cable about a year ago and had forgotten that
I have been using the DTR line(pin 4 on a DB9 conn) to switch the PTT using
RTTYrite.

The RTS line is usually pin 7 on a DB9 connector and pin 4 on a DB25
connector.

Newcomers should be aware that level translation circuitry is usually
necessary between the computer and the transceiver.  More information about
this can be found in the Writelog help file, this reflector, or the Writelog
home page.

Thanks,
Dave KG0US