[WriteLog] Re: Writelog and Japan Radio JST-245 HELP!

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Re: Writelog and Japan Radio JST-245 HELP!
From: k2kw@prodigy.net (KEN SILVERMAN)
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 22:02:58 -0800
> Another
>alternative (my case) is to use "regular" modem cable with Null-Modem
>adapter

Yes, for the JST-245 you need a null modem cable, or a regular cable + null
modem adaptor.  Both are available at Radio Shack as suggested.  The JRC
manual doesn't tell you this setup is required (basically the manual is
wrong).

>I have not try to check PTT on COM port, hope this works too.

I haven't either.  But when I hooked mine up on the bench a while back, it
all seemed to work OK.

Kenny K2KW