[WriteLog] How to fill bandmap

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] How to fill bandmap
From: af5z@inetport.com (Bob Helms)
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 18:49:15 -0600

> What was the answer to "How to fill the bandmap" with something like a
> sh/dx/50 command?  (The "new" spots show, but how do you get the spots
> from a sh/dx command to show?)  I remember seeing the answer, but I
> can't find it!  Tnx

> WA9ALS - John

When connected to an AR CLUSTER node, do a SH/FDX/50 command to see
the last 50 spots formatted as real-time spots.

The advantage of this is it populates the band map window.

The disadvantage is except during a high-rate contest, spots as old as
fifty spots ago may have questionable accuracy due to people moving
around and band conditions changing.

I ONLY do this if I find I've been disconnected from the node for
some time.  I rarely do search & pounce on these older spots but
they do help prevent me from sitting, waiting on a station that is
a dupe as I'm tuning the band.

73,
Bob Helms, AF5Z
af5z@inetport.com