[WriteLog] RE: WriteLog Demo ????

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] RE: WriteLog Demo ????
From: rjohnson@ici.net (Bob Johnson)
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 20:51:57 -0500
Hi Ron:
After reading your reply to my message, I think I'll pass on WriteLog and just
stick with CT !!!

Your demo version doesn't seem to be much of a demo, at least in real terms of
really? being able to use and learn the features of your program.? I would
think that allowing full use of the complete program, but limiting the max.
number of log entries to 50 or 100 or using your callsign and QTH in the setup
would provide the prospective user a fairer chance to make a decision to
switch
to WriteLog.

Also I don't see what Brian's problem with his RITTY copy protection scheme
has
to do with my asking about a WriteLog Demo !!!!?? If one were to read between
the lines, one might get the impression that anyone requesting a demo was
going
to steal your program !!!? FYI, Brian is back in business selling a new
version
of his RITTY program without any problems.

Lastly if you were going to offer a demo, I would think you would try to make
the best show you could to the potential customer and show off your latest
features, rather than offering a non-functional obsolete version.

I've looked at an awful lot of "Logging" programs and rejected them for
lack of
VHF/UHF support.? Guess WriteLog will just get rejected for lack of trying.

Sincerely
Bob - WA1OFR
ARRL T.S., EMA

<http://www.writelog.com/Downloads/WL923G_FULL_93f.ZIP>http://www.writelog.c
om/Downloads/WL923G_FULL_93f.ZIP

>? The manual is built into WriteLog as help files. Since we support all
>? contesting modes, you can download a full copy of Ver-10 help files
>? on our web page now. <http://www.writelog.com/>www.writelog.com? then click
on
>? downloads and arrow down until you see it..
>
>? If you download WriteLog here is what to do. Download to some sort of
>? a temp file. Unzip it and type setup.exe. WriteLog will install by it's
>? self all you have to do is click OK with it asks a question. When it
>? finishes installing it will ask for your call and a registration number.
>? Type your call in CAPITAL Letters. Then type DEMO in the registration
>? number location..? When you first bring up WriteLog it will look a little
>? strange. You can make it look anyway you want.. There are sever examples
>? on out web page. Two screen shots for RTTY mode on a 14" monitor and one
>? by Randy K5ZD for WPX CW contest. To see the screen shots go to our web
>? page at <http://www.writelog.com/>www.writelog.com? click on: WriteLog
Info,
arrow down