[WriteLog] DXTelnet>WL>DX4WIN setup

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] DXTelnet>WL>DX4WIN setup
From: dxdog@rcn.com (Jerry Keller)
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 22:18:36 -0500
I've been trying for a month now to get set-up, without much success. I
think I must be trying to "re-invent the wheel", because I have what seems
to be a pretty popular combination.  If I could get just a little help?

I have DXTelnet(4.80) plus DXHunter, WriteLog(10.22B), and DX4WIN(5.01).
For rig control, I'm using W1GEE's serial interface from a P-III running
WIN98 to a Yaesu FT767GX.
I also have a West Mt. Radio "RigBlaster" to handle the audio stuff
(recorded announcements for now) with the rig, but that's still in the box.

(1) I'd like DXTelnet to grab spots from several places, eliminate dupes,
filter by frequency range, and feed to WriteLog (when contesting)...OR...to
DX4WIN (when not contesting).

(2) I'd like DXHunter to do whatever it does to track DXCC progress by band,
alarm when there's a spot I need, etc.

After I get the various programs running and working "together", then I
should be able to tackle setting up the various features of each program....
but I'm just having trouble getting started.  Is this a good combo?  What
should I set up FIRST, what SECOND, etc?

Jerry K3MGT