[WriteLog] Moving WL to another drive?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Moving WL to another drive?
From: ed@privette.com (Ed-W4EP)
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 18:55:59 +0000

I have a related problem I hope one of you could help me with. I recently
installed a new hard drive and in order to start out with a "clean and new"
installation I formatted the new drive, installed Windows 98SE and
reinstalled most of my programs from scratch. My problem is my data is
still on the old drive. It has windows 95 installed on it and  much to my
dismay I cannot access the data as the "new" hard drive will not map the
old drive as drive "E" (or anything for that matter. The drive manufacturer
tells me that Windows 98SE is not backward compatible to W95.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? Might someone have an upgrade
disk for W95 to W98 they might be willing to sell? I hate the thought of
moving all that data file by file.

Please reply direct as this is not really directly related to WL.

Many thanks,

Ed W4EP