[WriteLog] Soundcard preference?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Soundcard preference?
From: k8vt@ameritech.net (Carter Grabarczyk)
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 17:50:25 -0500
I am building a new ham computer (AMD K6 500 MHz) with Windows 98 (ver
B). I have a choice of using either a Creative Labs SB16 (CT2910) from
the old ham computer or a Creative Labs PCI128 (CT4750). (ASUS
motherboard has both ISA and PCI slots). Both cards check as "7f" on
Wayne's soundboard check program.

Any preference as to which one I should use? Any caveats, cautions or
known problems with either? I had pretty good luck with the SB16; is the
PCI128 better, worse or don't care? I thought I read something here
previously about mischief with the PCI stuff...

Thanks in advance,

73/Carter/K8VT