[WriteLog] USB ports

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] USB ports
From: jfleming@shelbynet.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 19:46:56 -0500
> Of course, we also have the other Writelog oddity.  Using the normal
COMTROL
> PCI boards, DX4WIN (and others) will control the rig off of a COMTROL
> Rocketport port.  Writelog will not.

Hi Mike - Wondered exactly what you meant by "control the rig"?
Writelog will read freq/mode and control PTT via my Rocketport PCI
8-port card.

Oh, I'll bet I know - You didn't specify what rig, but I'll bet it's an
Icom that you can't control...?  I cannot control my IC-706MKIIG via the
Rocketport PCI serial card, but I CAN control the 1000MP - doesn't have
anything to do with Writelog.  In contrast, the White Heat WOULD
read/control the Icom using Writelog!  Something to do with differences
between Icom and Yaesu, compounded by differences between the various
serial adapters - USB or not!  ;-)  I really don't think it's a Writelog
issue.

- John