[WriteLog] USB ports

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] USB ports
From: jpixton@shentel.net (Jerry Pixton)
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 11:50:20 +0000
All,

I own, according to the Comtrol Techs, the only DELL computer in which the
RocketPort USB Serial Port box does not work. Everything installs nicely,
it works fb with writelog, etc until I turn the computer off at night and
then come back the next day. Windows 98 will not load - it dies with a
severe error at a DOS screen which tells you to restart your computer.
There was no way of getting past that error except unpluging the USB cable.
The Rocketport is now running (very nicely btw) on my OSCAR computer and at
the moment I am using a Belkin USB single port which runs fine. I was just
about to get one of the SIIG PCI serial boards, ha

Jerry, W6IHG

At 11:20 PM 1/22/01 +0000, you wrote:

>Jim Brannigan wrote:
>I have given up trying to install additional PCI serial ports in this
>new
>DELL machine.  SIIG serial boards will not work and I get no response
>from their Tech support.  USB seems to be the way to go. Any USB
>commendations for Logic 5, any experience?
>
>Have never had any luck with the SIIG boards.
>> Will WRITELOG support USB serial ports for CW?
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>> Jim
>
>I use the Rocketport USB from Comtrol. Works like a charm. As for WL,
>you can't do any better.
>
>73
>Ed
>
>--