[WriteLog] Select Radio L/R - using relays for CW output

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Select Radio L/R - using relays for CW output
From: jon@praxisworks.org (Jon Harder)
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 15:13:46 -0000
The WL help file says the following under topic "Select Radio L/R"

"L/R output can be connected to appropriate relays for microphone inputs or
PTT inputs or CW keyer inputs or headphone audio outputs so that the
transmission goes out on the appropriate radio."

In getting set up for CW in an SO2R configuration (without the W5XD keyer,)
I'm about to go via the relay method at least for the present.  Anybody out
there doing it that way, via pin 14 of an LPT port?   Am using LPT keying
output happily with both rigs (Kenwood 850/570) and receiving / decoding is
perfect in Rttyrite with Stereo AFSK from sound card option.

Looking for a good relay choice to select A/B (L/R) for keying output, and
would appreciate any ideas or experiences.   The W5XD keyer looks great, but
I'd like to try the simplest solution possible.

Thanks in advance, and if you'll reply to me direct, I'll post a summary to
the list later.

Jon,  K1US     Cape Porpoise, Maine

I support -->   www.eQSL.cc
See if one is waiting for you!