[WriteLog] Fw: Multi-Two, Separate Logs & Cabrillo

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Fw: Multi-Two, Separate Logs & Cabrillo
From: Marty Tippin" <martyt@pobox.com (Marty Tippin)
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 09:16:43 -0600
If you're running two separate, networked computers, *and* if you have "Log
Which Radio Makes the QSO" turned on (it's on the Setup menu), *and* if you
select "Multi/Two" as your entry class when you generate the Cabrillo file,
you should notice an extra column at the far right of the QSO lines in the
Cabrillo file that has a 0 or 1 in it - that's the transmitter
identification number.

Bruce WT4I e-mailed me and said he had checked it out, and I also verified
over the weekend that this does indeed work under the conditions given
above.

Running 2 radios on a single computer won't generate the proper column in
the Cabrillo file (which is what I initially tried.) Also if you didn't turn
on "log which radio makes the QSO" you shouldn't expect it to work as the
WriteLog file has no information about the radios and thus can't convey it
to the Cabrillo file.

73,

-Marty NW0L
 martyt@pobox.com