[WriteLog] Fw: Multi-Two, Separate Logs & Cabrillo

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Fw: Multi-Two, Separate Logs & Cabrillo
From: Marty Tippin" <martyt@pobox.com (Marty Tippin)
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 13:23:52 -0600
The problem is definitely related to having more than 2 networked stations
set up -- I repeated the sequence of steps given earlier (way down at the
bottom of this e-mail) a third time, using still another ID for the "third"
station, and when I merged the results of A & B into the new C log, the
resulting Cabrillo file did *NOT* have the radio indicator in it. Merging
either A or B with C (so there were only 2 stations in the log) *did*
produce the correct Cabrillo log with the 0/1 station IDs in it.

HERE'S THE (almost) INTERESTING PART:

I now have a log with QSOs from 3 different network station IDs (A, B, C) --
So I tried changing my entry class to "Multi/Multi" and the Cabrillo file
generated by WriteLog still did *NOT* have the required station indicator
(the Multi/Multi rule regarding logs is the same as Multi/Two) -- is this a
bug in WriteLog??  Wayne??

I think you're going to have to do some fancy hacking on the data to get it
into an "acceptable" format for submission to the ARRL.

If you do the File | Export | ASCII with no formatting, by Band and then use
the WT4I Cabrillo tools on the resulting text file, I think you can get
close to what you want. You could effectively reduce the 4 radios down to 2
(by replacing the "C" and "D" stations with "A" or "B") -- but it would
require you to review each QSO and determine when to use "A" or "B" in the
replacement. Once that's done, it should be easy to crank out the Cabrillo
format file.  It's going to be a lot of work, no way around that.

One nice thing about WT4I's Cabrillo stuff is it'll look for band change
violations for you as well as a lot of other things that you'll probably
find helpful.

Good luck!

-Marty NW0L
 martyt@pobox.com