[WriteLog] New User Questions and Thoughts

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] New User Questions and Thoughts
From: na2na@vqsl.net (na2na@vqsl.net)
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 19:13:45 -0500
I am a new user to WriteLog. I used it for the first time during a very
part time effort in ARRL DX SSB Contest. I will more than likely try a
more serious effort for the WPX SSB Test. I did ENJOY using a Windows
program.

Here are some questions and suggestions. Some or most may have been
covered, bot from a dial up access to the net, ready archives gets to be
tough...  So here I go :-)

My Station:
Soyo SY-5EMA w/ AMD 350, 128megs RAM, SB CT4810 Sound Card, Digi 8e ISA
Card. Radio FT-1000 (com2) Packet (com1) RigBlaster (com 3) Modem (com 5)

Questions:
How do I fix the time in my log?? I really need this one!!!!!

Can you use the W9XT card with Windows 2000??

Is there an aging setting for packet spots?

What is the Front Panel selection for? There are no options...

Why does 22wpm show up on the bottom for a SSB contest?

Suggestions:
It would be nice to click on the Frequency of the band map and have the
radio go to that frequency!

I noticed that 40mtr spots that did not have a split frequency, the
program would not grab the spots. My guess it that is a out band
protection! Can it be shut off? Or toggled??

If you type a call in the call field and hit the space bar, it would be
nice to have it automatically add it to the band map or a short cut key.
Always right clicking and scrolling takes too long!

I did have to go and edit the INI file to make packet work.  We have all
of the nice radio and keying setups in the config, Why not a decent wat to
setup the packet radio stuff.

Problems:
The biggest problem I did have (happened twice) was that WriteLog did not
release all of the resources of Windows 2000. I ended up having to reboot
in order to have the packet work again in DX4Windows.  Did I not do
something that I needed to before I shut down WriteLog

TNX for all of the help!!

Will NA2NA