CHECK THIS OUT Re: [WriteLog] CROSSHAIRS???

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: CHECK THIS OUT Re: [WriteLog] CROSSHAIRS???
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 16:13:50 -0500
> If you run RittyRite and use the RTTY tuning indicator you get the
> crossed cigars.
>
> So far nobody has suggested how you get the crosshairs with RttyRite
on
> the screen, which the original posting was about.

Well, this is guaranteed to confuse the thread...  Check out
http://www.qsl.net/wa9als/CROSSHAIRS.gif

This shows the crossed bananas -and- you can see "crosshairs" in there
too!
As you can see, I got this display by using my RIT to tune off-frequency
while the AFC was on.  If the signal was properly tuned, the cross hairs
were not visible.  Only Wayne could explain what's going on here!

If memory serves (probably NOT), earlier versions of WL would show the
crosshairs and the elipses appeared superimposed over the "+".  However,
now you don't usually see the cross hairs...??  I don't care myself, but
thought the above screenshot might be interesting to those in this
thread...?  HI  73