[WriteLog] Every contest I learn something new.

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Every contest I learn something new.
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 16:01:57 -0500
George & others...

I've had this same problem but it's usually caused by my clumsy
fingers hitting the wrong keys.  The buffer going out turns from blue
to black and it hangs without completing and have to drop the tx
with the ESC key.  I usually know when it's going to happen because
I've hit some wrong keys but it happens so infrequently that I don't
even remember what it is that I do to cause it to foul up.

George - if you are using F3 to send your exchange and F4 as your
QRZ key when running like "AA5AU TU QRZ? DE W1ZT K", then
put these lines in your writelog.ini file under CONFIGURATION:

QrzFunctionKey=4
SendCallExchangeKey=3
SendCallLocation=4 (this one is probably not right for me)

I'm not sure what SendCallLocation is, but the SendCallExchangeKey
for me is set to 3 (F3), so that when I hit the INSERT key, a highlighted
call is automatically put in the Entry Window and contents of F3 sent:
W1ZT 599-001 DE AA5AU BK

QrzFunctionKey=4 (F4) send the contents of F4 and logs the contact
when the + key is hit on the keypad of the rightside of the keyboard.

Hope this helps.  Had fun in EA, tough conditions though.

73, Don AA5AU