[WriteLog] ATTN: M/M, M/S, M/2 Contest Stations

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] ATTN: M/M, M/S, M/2 Contest Stations
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry Kutner)
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 08:59:59 -0400
Another thing to consider is that many hams begin their contesting
careers at multi-op stations, and later build their own contest
station. Initial experience with a contesting program at the multi is
likely to be carried forward.
Personally, I operate both single-op and at a multi. In my opinion
Writelog does a great job for me as a single op, including SO2R.
However, there are basic features lacking for the multi environment,
such as a 10 minute rule counter. In addition, the ongoing problem
of duplicate and missing serial numbers, while perhaps not violating
any contest rules, is disconcerting, and has kept at least one big
multi station, that I'm aware of, from using WL.
73 Barry W2UP

Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: barry@w2up.wells.com