[WriteLog] Changing Screen Configurations

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Changing Screen Configurations
From: martyt@pobox.com (Marty Tippin)
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 08:25:41 -0700 (PDT)
I'm not sure how obvious it is to everyone that the screen
layout is maintained in the .WL file - I've never personally
been able to get it all figured out as to what level the layout
is maintained - whether it's by specific file, by contest, or
what. So I just wind up laying out every contest the way I want
it and when doing multi-op, I rearrange the layout at the
station I'm working on till it suits me. The next operator
either changes it as he likes or (usually) leaves it alone.

Now, what would be really neat would be if the network server
could maintain an arbitrary set of named screen layouts and then
any station on the network could retrieve any one of them by
name, at any time. That's a lot of work, however...   I'd say
for single-computer stations, there probably isn't any reason to
change the current functionality.

73,

-Marty NW0L
 martyt@pobox.com