[WriteLog] SO2R contesting question

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] SO2R contesting question
From: AD6E@aol.com (AD6E@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 12:24:53 EDT
Jim (et all);

Not to belabor a point, but I thought a quickie expansion of vertical problem
might help: Ground losses are not just 1/4 wavelength from the antenna. Good
radials take care of that. As the signal radiates from the vertical the
electric field, being vertical, induces eddie currents in the earth for many
many wavelengths until the signal becomes a "sky wave". All those eddies sap
signal strength both comming and going. Thats why salt water works so well.
However, it needs several miles of salt water in the desired direction to be
really effective for DX.

73, Al