[WriteLog] Daily Logging

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Daily Logging
From: martyt@pobox.com (Marty Tippin)
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 22:01:21 -0500
Ditto that. LOGic is probably the best general purpose logging program
around, lots of features, two radio control is no problem (I run the MP and
FT-920 with it). It can handle several user-defined fields and user-defined
awards tracking (which is one reason I bought it about 3 years ago).  Any
of the fields can be set to auto-fill on a subsequent QSO with the same
station, and you have a window showing all previous Q's with that person.
Add TNC control, easy DX cluster connection (with tracking of needed DXCCs,
band-countries, etc.) and you've got pretty much everything you need. Lots
of flexible built-in reports and even a QSL card design module.

It has a few odd quirks and takes a little time to get used to, but then so
does WriteLog...

I don't know why anybody would want to use WriteLog as their general
purpose logging program -- it's simply not designed or intended for that,
and lacks *tons* of useful features that you'd need in a logging program.

73,

-Marty NW0L
  martyt@pobox.com