[WriteLog] Daily Logging

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Daily Logging
From: jbrannig@optonline.net (Jim Brannigan)
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 10:59:16 -0400
There is no single software solution.
I don't use EXCEL for word processing or  WORD for number crunching.  A
single program that would do both well would be very large and extremely
complex.
The same holds true for logging software.
For contesting I want a fast, simple screen that is tailored to the specific
contest.
For casual operating and DX'ing, speed is not essential, but room for lots
of information, browsing, reporting and QSL tracking is essential.

Rig control, packet spotting, RTTY, etc. is a common requirement.

I miss the simplicity of DOS based programs (ala CT), but WINDOWS opens up
new vistas and the AD1F file format has made it a snap to consolidate logs.

Jim