[WriteLog] Problems from RTTY contest

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Problems from RTTY contest
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry )
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 00:48:35 -0000
Here are the WL problems that happened to me during the contest:

1. Lots of callsigns weren't auto-highlighted, even if preceeded by a
DE. So, I had to click on them, rather than just hitting INS. Related
to this, if a partial-call is in the master.dta file, it keeps the whole
call from highlighting. For example, if SN2E is in the database, but
a call such as SN2EEO appeared, couldn't click on the complete
call.

2. MMTTY crashed every hour or two with a text message "Lost
Sound." Fortunately, all that was necessary was close the RTTY
window, then reopen it. BTW, MMTTY did a great job of copying
that fluttery stuff (seems like everything was fluttery this weekend!)
by selecting Multipath. Also, I didn't think of using it till near the
end, but the AFC worked great, rather than twiddling the RIT.

It was fun, and tiring! Tnx for all the QSOs.
73,
Barry