[WriteLog] This weekend's Propagations..

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] This weekend's Propagations..
From: wx4tm@mindspring.com (Tom Moore)
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 10:30:57 -0500
excerpted from ARLP040 Propagation Forecast by K7VVV

"The most recent projection shows geomagnetic indices stabilizing
briefly with a planetary A index of 10 on Friday, then rising to 15
on Saturday and 18 on Sunday. Projected solar flux is 265 for Friday
and 260 for both Saturday and Sunday.

Since we have just passed the autumnal equinox, the fall DX season
is in full effect. Now is a great time to enjoy the best propagation
in years on 12 and 10 meters, which should peak over the next month
or two. Of course all of this high solar activity also tends to
bring geomagnetic disturbances and associated absorption, especially
on high latitude paths. But when you hear the K index on WWV
reported at 3 or lower, that is when conditions should be great."

cross your fingers.. we might, just might, hopefully, have great
propagations for this weekend's contest.. Don't forget 10 meters,
it should be great.    hope to work you all..

Tom Moore, WX4TM